Our Package brings automation to audience uploading process. Use existing campaign and related campaign member Contacts as a source for new Facebook audience. With only one button click all campaign members under selected campaigns will be loaded into new custom audience on Facebook. After full users upload you can use your new custom audience SObject as a source for new lookalike audience just in one button click. Select your preferable ratio, country and save new lookalike. In case if initial audience is available and contains sufficient number of users, new Facebook lookalike will be created.
1. Get the Facebook Marketing integration parameters.
Make sure you already have a Facebook App and enabled a Marketing API. If no follow next steps:
- Go to developers.facebook.com and add new app
- Open your new app and go to Add New Product page. Select a Marketing API and press ‘Set Up’
- Go to Tools and create New Sandbox Ad Account
Now you can obtain all Facebook Marketing related parameters. Open selected Facebook application and go to Dashboardpage, there you can find your App ID and App Secret. On the Marketing API → Tools page you can find one of your Advertising account ID.
Optionally you can generate Access Token. Go to the Marketing API → Tools page, select token permission by clicking on checkboxes (for marketing API integration you need ads_management and ads_read permissions), click Generate Tokenbutton.
2. Connect Facebook App with Organization:
- Open your Facebook App and go to Settings -> Basic and press ‘Add platform’. Input in ‘Site URL’ field your organization url. Add to App Domain list your organization url. Save changes
- Go to Settings -> Advanced and find Advertising Accounts section. There in ‘Authorized Ad Account IDs’ field input your selected Advertising account ID. Save changes
- Next we should allow token refreshing. Go to Add New Product page. Select Facebook Login and press ‘Set Up’. Next select ‘Web’ option. In ‘Site Url’ field input your organization url. Save changes.
3. Package installation and post install steps
After package installation, if you don’t have Remote Site Setting for Tooling API you will have option to create such. Just press this button and follow the installation steps.
Further, you will be able to setup Facebook API settings. Set up early obtained parameters in related input fields and press ‘Save’. Now installation is completed.
4. Campaign layout setup
Go to Campaign Page Layout page and press ‘Layout Assignment’. Assign for selected profiles campaign layout from Facebook Marketing Campaign package. Now the package is fully ready to use. In order to simplify usage you may select ‘Facebook Marketing’ App and start working with the package. Congratulations!
Allows you to use Campaign layout from the package. The package uses campaign members (lookup on contact) as users from the audience. While creating of a new campaign you may add some of Facebook related parameters:
- Key schema — identifies which people’s keys schema data you want to pass into Facebook audience. By default you can use just Email key schema however multiple key-schema mapping increases your match rate with the audience.
- Phone schema mapping — identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in Phone key schema.
- City schema mapping — identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in City key schema
- State schema mapping — identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in State key schema. Values in a contact in this field should be 2-character ANSI abbreviation code, lowercase. Normalize states outside U.S. in lower case, no punctuations, no special characters, no blank space.
- Country schema mapping — identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in Country key schema. Values in a contact in this field should be 2-letter country codes in ISO 3166–1 alpha-2.
- ZIP code schema mapping — identifies which field from Contact will be mapped in ZIP code key schema. Use only the first 5 digits for the U.S. Use Area/District/Sector format for the UK.
You can leave all these fields empty and pick only Emails from users data. As soon as a new campaign is created you may create new Custom Audience on Audience section. If you have not set up access token on post-installation steps, you would be redirected on Facebook for identifying your user and obtaining new access token.
After successful token update or if you already have correct token you will be redirected to new Audience edit layout. By default, it takes current campaign as a source (actual campaign members), and campaign name as a part of its name (this parameter doesn’t play the key role so it can be changed). When new custom audience is created, a few moments later it receives Facebook audience Id parameter and now this audience can be used as a source for lookalike audience.
On the lookalike audience edit layout you may choose ratio and started ratio parameters (0.01–0.2) and select a country where you want to find similar people to your source audience. Part of the name parameters will be taken from source audience (this parameter doesn’t play the key role therefore it can be changed).
As soon as new lookalike audience is created, source audience will be checked for delivery status every hour. Your source audience should contain 200 and more users for availability as the source for the lookalike. Attempt to create new lookalike will be rejected if the source will not be ready two days after. If the source is ready new Facebook lookalike audience will be created. Its Id will be passed to CRM and saved in related field in lookalike audience as SObject.
All package related API requests can be tracked by API request log SObject. It contains action name request string and response string.
Originally published here by Vladislav Borsh.